Answered By: Jennifer Burr Last Updated: Dec 19, 2017 Views: 20
ILLIAD is the Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery service at the Nazareth library. You can set up and use your ILLIAD account through the library's web site.
If the Nazareth College library does not own the article, book, DVD or other resource you are looking for, our interlibrary loan staff will request it for you from the thousands of libraries and other suppliers available to us worldwide. Interlibrary loan services are available free of charge to currently registered Nazareth College students.
Also for busy Nazareth students, we offer a document delivery service option for ordering scans of articles from the “Lorette Wilmot Library Print Holdings”, or retrieval of Nazareth owned books from our library stacks, all through your ILLIAD account.
To register for the ILLIAD service:
- On the library’s home page, click on the link for Interlibrary Loan.
- Follow the links for “First Time Users”.
- Register for the service using the online form provided.
You only have to register once, and then you may log on at any time (as long as you are a student at Nazareth) to order what you need.
How to request what you need:
- The ILLIAD request form is linked to search results in many of our research databases.
- Another way to make requests is to start at the library’s home page, click on the link for Interlibrary Loan, and log in to your account from ILLIAD’s main page. Once logged in, you will see New Request options for placing orders.
What's the turnaround time for ILLIAD?
- Most articles are delivered as PDF files within 48 hours (often much less than that). The PDF files are downloadable and yours to keep!
- For books and other items, the turnaround time will vary from two days to ten days. Most arrive within a week. If you have a concern or question, please contact the ILLIAD staff.